Here's an update from Jayne and Miles after day 4 of their adventure ride in the Great Victorian Bike Ride.
Approaching the End
by Jayne D'Arcy
As we approach our final ride of the Great Victorian Bike Ride, here's a list of what Miles has liked and not liked so far.
He did well on day 4 - up a big hill no problem, but got super tired in the afternoon as it hit low 30s and a headwind!
We got through 70km on our bikes today (and hit the 200km mark) which was a super effort!
What Miles loves about the Great Vic Bike Ride:
- The kids movies at night
- Putting up the tent (it's a pop-up!)
- Passing his mum
- Passing anyone
- Catching up with people we've already met on the road
- It's very friendly, he's met lots of families
- People saying that they're amazed that he can do it
- The SAG Wagon
What he doesn't like:
- Every day there have been more kilometres
- The dinners
- The clothes hooks in the showers (too high!)
- The Event: https://www.bicyclenetwork.com.au/racv-great-victorian-bike-ride/the-event/
- The Particpants: Jayne is a freelance writer for The Age and The Lonely Planet and this year, her 9 year old son, Miles, is going to be recording his journey on his own - giving us a real account of what its like to be on the ride.
- The Bike: Miles is going to be riding the E-540x16 geared kids bike.
- The Pack List: Jayne took a picture of everything they took here. But you can also get an idea of what others take in this article in the RideOn Magazine gives an indication of what riders are taking with them: https://rideonmagazine.com.au/packing-for-the-racv-great-victorian-bike-ride/