What makes the best kids bike even better?A custom paint job and a few techincal upgrades, and of course having a very cool dad who works in the best bike workshop! Adrian from Belrose Bicycles began work on the E-350 late last year and gave it to his son Ryder for Christmas.
Once complete he estimated its price tag to be around $3000, making it possibly the most expensive kids bike in the world!
We spoke to Adrian to get the lowdown on his kids' custom E-350 kids bike:What type of ByK model is it? E-350 Who is it for? My son Ryder who is 4 years old. It was a Christmas present. How many hours did it take to do the custom job?
About 6 hours in spray painting and detailing, and about another 6 hours in custom building.What are some of the major changes you have made? The wheels are profile racing bmx hubs (trail elite model). There are titanium sprockets and bottom bracket and aluminium race cranks, just to name a few. [caption id="attachment_613" align="alignright" width="340"] Adrian, owner of Belrose Bicycles, and dad to son Ryder who he customised an E-350 into a rad BMX[/caption]
Here is the full spec list from Adrian:
- Frame - ByK E-350 kids bike with custom paint decals
- Front shock/fork - ByK E-350 fork
- Handlebars - Sinz race carbon
- Stem - Profile Ti bolts
- Headset - Chirs king
- Grips - Odyssey slim kids
- Saddle - Odyssey brown junior
- Seatpost - Odyssey 22.2mm micro adjust
- Front brake - std black caliper
- Rear brake - Avid ultimate V
- Cranks - Sinz race 120mm
- Bottom Bracket - Sinz titanium
- Chain - kmc 710sl
- Pedals - Answer sealed kids
- Cassette - Profile alloy race 18t
- Front hub - Profile trail elite
- Rear hub - Profile trail elite Ti driver
- Front rim - Alienation black sheep chrome 36h
- Rear rim - Alienation black sheep chrome 36h
- Spokes - Black
- Nipples - Black
- Tyres - Duo 18x2.0
- Tubes - std 18"
- Total weight - 8.3kgs